Beautifier for freepascal

G.W. Herbold
I am  happy owner of an old Version OREGON PASCAL Compiler (running under Unix 68...), who has also a splendid Beautifier included.

With this excellent tool is it possible to get a very clear output of the  printed .pas Programme
Especially are the begin and end signs in such  a manner arranged so that errors can be very easily  found.

Is there any plan to create such a very helpful tool???

By the way the price for a.m Compiler+ Beautifier was ca.5000.- DM in 1986!
Kind regards G.W.Herbold

Re: Beautifier for freepascal

Jonas Maebe-2
G.W. Herbold wrote:
> Is there any plan to create such a very helpful tool???

FPC comes with the "ptop" tool that can be used to format/beatify your
code. The Lazarus IDE (http://www.lazarus-ide.org ) also comes with a
built-in code formatter.

Jonas

PS: please mention in the mails you send that you are not subscribed, so
people replying know that they have to CC you. While it happens
automatically for the direct replies since you added a Reply-To header,
that's not the case for replies further down the thread.

On 2015-11-30 14:21, G.W. Herbold wrote:
> Is there any plan to create such a very helpful tool???

As Jonas mentioned, there is "ptop" included with FPC. I've had some
good usage of it in the past, but I don't know how much development it
still receives (I should check the commit history).

Also, as mentioned, Lazarus includes a code formatter too. It is in fact
a copy of the Jedi Code Formatter, found on SourceForge.net. If you
don't use Lazarus, you can download JCF as a stand-alone tool from
SourceForge [http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedicodeformat/]. The nice
think about the stand-alone version is that they include three
executables. Two GUI's (useful for configuring the formatter) and a
command line tool. For years I have been using the command line tool
(even under Linux and FreeBSD via WINE).

I have come across a few more over the years, but I can't remember there
names off the top of my head now.

Re: Beautifier for freepascal

Peter
In addition to ptop and JCL already mentioned, there is the closed
source DelForEx.zip intended for use with Delphi. There are standaline
versions of it that run under wine on 'nix.