Amazon S3

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
Hi,

Did someone already worked using Amazon S3 and FreePascal, maybe using Synapse?
Is there a project open source for it?

Thanks,
Marcos Douglas

Re: Amazon S3

Michael Schnell
Of course Android is a rather hot topic in the fpc and Lazarus
developer's forums. There are pages in the fpc / Lazarus Wiki on Android.

-Michael

Re: Amazon S3

Sven Barth-2
Am 20.03.2013 09:18, schrieb Michael Schnell:
> Of course Android is a rather hot topic in the fpc and Lazarus
> developer's forums. There are pages in the fpc / Lazarus Wiki on Android.
Ehm... you do know that "Amazon S3" <> "Samsung Galaxy S3"? Amazon S3 is
the cloud storage solution by Amazon. See also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_S3

Re: Amazon S3

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Sven Barth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Am 20.03.2013 09:18, schrieb Michael Schnell:
>
>> Of course Android is a rather hot topic in the fpc and Lazarus developer's
>> forums. There are pages in the fpc / Lazarus Wiki on Android.
>
> Ehm... you do know that "Amazon S3" <> "Samsung Galaxy S3"? Amazon S3 is the
> cloud storage solution by Amazon. See also:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_S3

I answered to Michael Schnell (see bellow) but I thought the answer
had also gone to the list too.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Michael Schnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Of course Android is a rather hot topic in the fpc and Lazarus developer's
> forums. There are pages in the fpc / Lazarus Wiki on Android.

Michael, I'm talked about AWS http://aws.amazon.com/s3/

Sven,
Do you know something about it?

Regards,
Marcos Douglas

Re: Amazon S3

silvioprog
2013/3/21 Sven Barth <[hidden email]>
Am 20.03.2013 09:18, schrieb Michael Schnell:

Of course Android is a rather hot topic in the fpc and Lazarus developer's forums. There are pages in the fpc / Lazarus Wiki on Android.
Ehm... you do know that "Amazon S3" <> "Samsung Galaxy S3"? Amazon S3 is the cloud storage solution by Amazon. See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_S3

There are plans to implement this feature in Brook, but I'm out of time to complete it. But I already sent and receive files to Amazon, in my drafts (in pure FPC). I remember being shown some print screens for Marcos via GTalk.

I've been wondering if this would be a closed source plugin, and out of Brook. I thought about closing it not because I want to don't show the sources, but simply for my concurrent (http://www.habarisoft.com) does not copy it easily.

I could implement it smoothly on a weekend, but there's another problem, I need to finish another project I'm doing, because my time is running out to pay my bills hehehe...

--
Silvio Clécio

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM, silvioprog <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2013/3/21 Sven Barth <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Am 20.03.2013 09:18, schrieb Michael Schnell:
>>
>>> Of course Android is a rather hot topic in the fpc and Lazarus
>>> developer's forums. There are pages in the fpc / Lazarus Wiki on Android.
>>
>> Ehm... you do know that "Amazon S3" <> "Samsung Galaxy S3"? Amazon S3 is
>> the cloud storage solution by Amazon. See also:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_S3
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sven
>

> There are plans to implement this feature in Brook, but I'm out of time to
> complete it. But I already sent and receive files to Amazon, in my drafts
> (in pure FPC). I remember being shown some print screens for Marcos via
> GTalk.
>
> I've been wondering if this would be a closed source plugin, and out of
> Brook. I thought about closing it not because I want to don't show the
> sources, but simply for my concurrent (http://www.habarisoft.com) does not
> copy it easily.
>
> I could implement it smoothly on a weekend, but there's another problem, I
> need to finish another project I'm doing, because my time is running out to
> pay my bills hehehe...

As I said to you, I can help to codify this part... but you didn't
answer my last question (link #14) and now you talk about "closed
source".
If you has some code and it works and you want to put this in Brook's
sources, I can help you. But if you stay thinking "closed source",
please tell now.
I keep wondering If you keep thinking it is more worthwhile closed
source or open...  please tell us so I can be move on.

Thank you.

Marcos Douglas

Re: Amazon S3

silvioprog
2013/3/21 Marcos Douglas <[hidden email]>
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM, silvioprog <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2013/3/21 Sven Barth <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Am 20.03.2013 09:18, schrieb Michael Schnell:
>>
>>> Of course Android is a rather hot topic in the fpc and Lazarus
>>> developer's forums. There are pages in the fpc / Lazarus Wiki on Android.
>>
>> Ehm... you do know that "Amazon S3" <> "Samsung Galaxy S3"? Amazon S3 is
>> the cloud storage solution by Amazon. See also:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_S3
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sven
>

> There are plans to implement this feature in Brook, but I'm out of time to
> complete it. But I already sent and receive files to Amazon, in my drafts
> (in pure FPC). I remember being shown some print screens for Marcos via
> GTalk.
>
> I've been wondering if this would be a closed source plugin, and out of
> Brook. I thought about closing it not because I want to don't show the
> sources, but simply for my concurrent (http://www.habarisoft.com) does not
> copy it easily.
>
> I could implement it smoothly on a weekend, but there's another problem, I
> need to finish another project I'm doing, because my time is running out to
> pay my bills hehehe...

As I said to you, I can help to codify this part... but you didn't
answer my last question (link #14) and now you talk about "closed
source".
If you has some code and it works and you want to put this in Brook's
sources, I can help you. But if you stay thinking "closed source",
please tell now.
I keep wondering If you keep thinking it is more worthwhile closed
source or open...  please tell us so I can be move on.

Thank you.

Marcos Douglas

I'll not give the answer now because I have not decided yet (if it will be closed, free or open source). I don't wanna rush things. And nothing prevents you from continuing.

It's not pleasant you spend hours and hours implementing a new feature, and your concurrent copy it easily to his project and not give the credits to the author. I want to avoid it as much as possible.

Sorry for my english please.

--
Silvio Clécio

Re: Amazon S3

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM, silvioprog <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2013/3/21 Marcos Douglas <[hidden email]>

>> > There are plans to implement this feature in Brook, but I'm out of time
>> > complete it. But I already sent and receive files to Amazon, in my
>> > drafts
>> > (in pure FPC). I remember being shown some print screens for Marcos via
>> > GTalk.
>> >
>> > I've been wondering if this would be a closed source plugin, and out of
>> > Brook. I thought about closing it not because I want to don't show the
>> > sources, but simply for my concurrent (http://www.habarisoft.com) does
>> > not
>> > copy it easily.
>> >
>> > I could implement it smoothly on a weekend, but there's another problem,
>> > need to finish another project I'm doing, because my time is running out
>> > pay my bills hehehe...
>>
>> As I said to you, I can help to codify this part... but you didn't
>> answer my last question (link #14) and now you talk about "closed
>> source".
>> If you has some code and it works and you want to put this in Brook's
>> sources, I can help you. But if you stay thinking "closed source",
>> please tell now.
>> I keep wondering If you keep thinking it is more worthwhile closed
>> source or open...  please tell us so I can be move on.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Marcos Douglas
>

> I'll not give the answer now because I have not decided yet (if it will be
> closed, free or open source). I don't wanna rush things. And nothing
> prevents you from continuing.

Ok, thank you for explanation... now.

> It's not pleasant you spend hours and hours implementing a new feature, and
> your concurrent copy it easily to his project and not give the credits to
> the author. I want to avoid it as much as possible.

Ok.

> Sorry for my english please.

That is Ok for me.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas

Re: Amazon S3

etrusco
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM, silvioprog <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2013/3/21 Marcos Douglas <[hidden email]>
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM, silvioprog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > 2013/3/21 Sven Barth <[hidden email]>
>> > (...)
>>
>> As I said to you, I can help to codify this part... but you didn't
>> answer my last question (link #14) and now you talk about "closed
>> source".
>> If you has some code and it works and you want to put this in Brook's
>> sources, I can help you. But if you stay thinking "closed source",
>> please tell now.
>> I keep wondering If you keep thinking it is more worthwhile closed
>> source or open...  please tell us so I can be move on.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Marcos Douglas
>

> I'll not give the answer now because I have not decided yet (if it will be
> closed, free or open source). I don't wanna rush things. And nothing
> prevents you from continuing.
>
> It's not pleasant you spend hours and hours implementing a new feature, and
> your concurrent copy it easily to his project and not give the credits to
> the author. I want to avoid it as much as possible.
>
> Sorry for my english please.
>
> --
> Silvio Clécio

A little OT: in what aspect is Habari a rival to your projects? Does
it fulfill the licenses?

-Flávio

Re: Amazon S3

silvioprog
2013/3/21 Flávio Etrusco <[hidden email]>
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM, silvioprog <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2013/3/21 Marcos Douglas <[hidden email]>
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM, silvioprog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > 2013/3/21 Sven Barth <[hidden email]>
>> > (...)
>>
>> As I said to you, I can help to codify this part... but you didn't
>> answer my last question (link #14) and now you talk about "closed
>> source".
>> If you has some code and it works and you want to put this in Brook's
>> sources, I can help you. But if you stay thinking "closed source",
>> please tell now.
>> I keep wondering If you keep thinking it is more worthwhile closed
>> source or open...  please tell us so I can be move on.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Marcos Douglas
>

> I'll not give the answer now because I have not decided yet (if it will be
> closed, free or open source). I don't wanna rush things. And nothing
> prevents you from continuing.
>
> It's not pleasant you spend hours and hours implementing a new feature, and
> your concurrent copy it easily to his project and not give the credits to
> the author. I want to avoid it as much as possible.
>
> Sorry for my english please.
>
> --
> Silvio Clécio

A little OT: in what aspect is Habari a rival to your projects? Does
it fulfill the licenses?

-Flávio

Hello Flávio,

We are missing you in Lazarus-BR. ;)

OT: Browse the examples of them, look for similarities features. I prefer can't point it directly here. ;)

--
Silvio Clécio

Re: Amazon S3

Michael Schnell
On 03/21/2013 11:58 AM, Sven Barth wrote:
> Ehm... you do know that "Amazon S3" <> "Samsung Galaxy S3"? Amazon S3
> is the cloud storage solution by Amazon. See also:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_S3

If you see both, you can easily tell them apart :-) :-)

-Michael