AVX512 in ASM - From where should I start?

AVX512 in ASM - From where should I start?

schuler
Hello,
In the case that I feel brave enough to code support for AVX512 on asm sections, from where should I start?

This question is related to:

I would like to use ZMM registers in my code and do things like these:

asm
vmovups zmm, [rax]

wishing everyone happy pascal coding,
Schuler.

Re: AVX512 in ASM - From where should I start?

Florian Klämpfl
Am 14.06.2018 um 22:37 schrieb Joao Schuler:
> Hello,
> In the case that I feel brave enough to code support for AVX512 on asm sections, from where should I start?

https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/tg74/avx512/

Torsten (mainly) and me are working on it.

I think a good start would be extend our testing tools to support avx512
(https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/tg74/avx512/tests/utils/avx/). It does not interfere with our current work.
Besides this, subscript to fpc-devel for more coordination of the necessary work.

Re: AVX512 in ASM - From where should I start?

schuler
AWESOME NEWS! Thank you.

Should I start by adding more tasm*.pp testing files at fpc/branches/tg74/avx512/tests/test/ specific for AVX512 ?

Am 14.06.2018 um 23:17 schrieb Joao Schuler:
> AWESOME NEWS! Thank you.
>
> Should I start by adding more tasm*.pp testing files at fpc/branches/tg74/avx512/tests/test/ specific for AVX512 ?

Just look at the directory I mentioned. AVX1/2 is tested using automated tools which generate automatically huge
assembler files which are assembled by nasm/fasm and then the result is compared with what FPC generates.