AArch64 / Linux

tobiasgiesen
Hello,

me again trying new platforms :=)

I now have two machines running Linux on 64-bit ARM. So I wonder, what's the best
way to get FPC 3.0.2 running natively on AArch64 and producing AArch64 programs?

Thanks for any tips.

Cheers,
Tobias

Re: AArch64 / Linux

Jonas Maebe-3

Tobias Giesen wrote:
> I now have two machines running Linux on 64-bit ARM. So I wonder, what's the best
> way to get FPC 3.0.2 running natively on AArch64 and producing AArch64 programs?

FPC 3.0.2 does not support AArch64. AArch64 is only supported in trunk,
and in a separate 3.0.x backport branch
(view-source:http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_3_0_ios/
-- this branch includes Linux/AArch64 support as well)

Re: AArch64 / Linux

tobiasgiesen
Wow, fantastic, many thanks! Will try to build it :=)

-----

Please excuse the shortness of this mail which was sent from my mobile phone. If necessary, I will send more information later.

Cheers,
Tobias Giesen