3.1.1 documentation in html on the website?

3.1.1 documentation in html on the website?

David Emerson
Can the 3.1.1 documentation be viewed as html on the website? where?

The 3.0.0 version is easy to find... but I'd like to see the one under
development

Thanks!
David.

Re: 3.1.1 documentation in html on the website?

Michael Van Canneyt

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, David Emerson wrote:

> Can the 3.1.1 documentation be viewed as html on the website? where?

No.

> The 3.0.0 version is easy to find... but I'd like to see the one under
> development

It is not under development.
I only document released material.

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> David Emerson wrote:
>
>> Can the 3.1.1 documentation be viewed as html on the website? where?
>
> No.
>
>> The 3.0.0 version is easy to find... but I'd like to see the one under
>> development
>
> It is not under development.
> I only document released material.

I guess I should have phrased my question differently.

I filed a bug against the documentation and it was marked fixed in
3.1.1, what's the best way to review the new version?

Thanks!
~David

Re: 3.1.1 documentation in html on the website?

Michael Van Canneyt

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, David Emerson wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> David Emerson wrote:
>>
>>> Can the 3.1.1 documentation be viewed as html on the website? where?
>>
>> No.
>>
>>> The 3.0.0 version is easy to find... but I'd like to see the one under
>>> development
>>
>> It is not under development.
>> I only document released material.
>
> I guess I should have phrased my question differently.
>
> I filed a bug against the documentation and it was marked fixed in 3.1.1,
> what's the best way to review the new version?

You'll have to check the sources.
There are no daily builds of the documentation.

On 2016-10-18 00:22, David Emerson wrote:
> I filed a bug against the documentation and it was marked fixed in
> 3.1.1, what's the best way to review the new version?

You'll have to have a copy of FPC's 3.1.1 source code. You will also
have to check out the latest documentation from the SubVersion
repository using the following URL.

  svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk fpcdocs

Then build the documentation yourself. The build process is only
supported under Linux, though I have managed to get it to work under
FreeBSD. But as far as I know, Windows is not supported at all.

To build the PDF documentation, you will need LaTeX installed. The RTL
and FCL documentation can be built without having LaTeX installed.

Here is a custom build script I made to build RTL and FCL documentation
in the INF help format under FreeBSD.

#!/bin/bash
rm rtl.chk fcl.chk
gmake rtl.chk fcl.chk HTMLFMT=ipf FPCSRCDIR=/data/devel/fpc-3.1.1/src
FPDOC=/data/devel/fpc-3.1.1/x86_64-freebsd/bin/fpdoc

Building HTML output should be pretty much the same, but simply change
HTMLFMT's value to 'html' (if I remember correctly). Under Linux, you
will probably have to change 'gmake' to 'make' too.

Regards,
  Graeme