2.1 version

Carsten Bager
Where can I read what's new in the coming 2.1 version.

Carsten
Med venlig hilsen
Carsten Bager

BEAS A/S
Brørupvænget 10
DK-7650 Bøvlingbjerg
Tlf. : +45 9788 5222 Fax : +45 9788 5434
www.beas.dk

Re: 2.1 version

Vincent Snijders
Carsten Bager schreef:
> Where can I read what's new in the coming 2.1 version.

The next fpc release will probably be fpc 2.2.0.
See the roadmap for some details:
http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/Road_map

Vincent

Re: 2.1 version

Jonas Maebe-2

On 18 dec 2006, at 13:39, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> The next fpc release will probably be fpc 2.2.0.
> See the roadmap for some details:
> http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/Road_map

It doesn't really contain much information though. I guess the only
real source of information is the svn log (look for items that start
with "+" to get most new stuff, although this convention isn't always
followed).

Re: 2.1 version

Florian Klämpfl
Jonas Maebe schrieb:

> On 18 dec 2006, at 13:39, Vincent Snijders wrote:
>
>> The next fpc release will probably be fpc 2.2.0.
>> See the roadmap for some details:
>> http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/Road_map
>
> It doesn't really contain much information though. I guess the only real
> source of information is the svn log (look for items that start with "+"
> to get most new stuff, although this convention isn't always followed).

Another source of info might be http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/changelog_page.php

Re: 2.1 version

Matt Emson

> Another source of info might be
http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/changelog_page.php

Though it gives quite a lot of info, that page also fails with the following
error (just now, maybe not always?) :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 10485760 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 35 bytes) in /FPC/html/mantis-1.0.3/core/bug_api.php on line 880

2.X version

Carsten Bager
What I am interested in is, the way that the compiler creates debug
information.
I remember that I have read that the format would be changed in the future.
Anything new on that front? If yes, is there some description of the new
format.
---

I can se that it is planed to use an internal linker for the ELF platform.
Do you think that this would conflict with using the compiler for embedded
programming? (Arm 7).

Carsten
Med venlig hilsen
Carsten Bager

BEAS A/S
Brørupvænget 10
DK-7650 Bøvlingbjerg
Tlf. : +45 9788 5222 Fax : +45 9788 5434
www.beas.dk

Write Windows Printer Driver

Cesar Romero-2
Have fpc translation of DDK for write printer driver done?
Can someone point me a direction of where find this kind of information?

Regards,

Cesar Romero

Re: Write Windows Printer Driver

Florian Klämpfl
Cesar Romero schrieb:
> Have fpc translation of DDK for write printer driver done?

Not that I heard of it.

> Can someone point me a direction of where find this kind of information?
>
> Regards,
>
> Cesar Romero

Re: 2.X version

Florian Klämpfl
Carsten Bager schrieb:
> What I am interested in is, the way that the compiler creates debug
> information.
> I remember that I have read that the format would be changed in the future.
> Anything new on that front? If yes, is there some description of the new
> format.

stabs and dwarf are supported. Both formats are documented. Google should find them.

> ---
>
> I can se that it is planed to use an internal linker for the ELF platform.
> Do you think that this would conflict with using the compiler for embedded
> programming? (Arm 7).

Why should it? You can always pass -Xe to use the external linker.

> Carsten
> Med venlig hilsen
> Carsten Bager
>
> BEAS A/S
> Brørupvænget 10
> DK-7650 Bøvlingbjerg
> Tlf. : +45 9788 5222 Fax : +45 9788 5434
> www.beas.dk

Re: 2.1 version

Florian Klämpfl
Matt Emson schrieb:
>> Another source of info might be
> http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/changelog_page.php
>

> Though it gives quite a lot of info, that page also fails with the following
> error (just now, maybe not always?) :
>
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 10485760 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 35 bytes) in /FPC/html/mantis-1.0.3/core/bug_api.php on line 880

Usually retrying after a few minutes helps. Stupid php ...

Re: 2.1 version

Michael Van Canneyt

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Matt Emson schrieb:
> >> Another source of info might be
> > http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/changelog_page.php
> >

> > Though it gives quite a lot of info, that page also fails with the following
> > error (just now, maybe not always?) :
> >
> > Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 10485760 bytes exhausted (tried to
> > allocate 35 bytes) in /FPC/html/mantis-1.0.3/core/bug_api.php on line 880
>
> Usually retrying after a few minutes helps. Stupid php ...

It has nothing to do with PHP (well, not only) it's the use of MySQL
in PHP. MySQL support in PHP caches all query results. (it has to, because
MySQL does not allow handling the result of 2 queries at the same time)

Switching to another database would for instance improve the situation.

Re: 2.1 version

Matt Emson
> Usually retrying after a few minutes helps. Stupid php ...

Still get: